[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
From Junior Shepherds of Christ Associate Meetings
NOVEMBER 19, 1995
The Resurrection of Our Lord from the
- Walk with the women as they walked to the tomb and feel how they felt
when they saw the stone had been rolled back outside of the tomb.
- Jesus told them many things, but they did not understand.
- Mary Magdalene was crying. She saw a man that she thought was the
gardener. It was Jesus. She was so overjoyed to see her beloved Jesus.
- Jesus is alive this day and He is with us. He is truly present in the
Holy Eucharist. He dwells within our hearts in a special way when we are in the state of
- Picture in your mind the glorified body of Jesus. See His glorified
wounds. See Him, glistening in white, and surrounded in light.
- Look into His face and see His love. See the light surrounding Him. See
the tenderness in the face of Jesus.
- In all of the struggles, in all of the darkness in the world this day,
Jesus is alive. If we focus on Him, we can feel His presence within us, for He never
- Picture the body of Jesus hanging on the cross. Think about Him being
locked in the tomb. On the third day He rose victorious. Death has no power over Jesus.
- He came to this earth. He suffered and He died that we would share in His
divine life. He came to give us His life. We become partakers in His life.
- Our humanity is raised to such heights when we share in His divine life.
The Ascension of Our Lord into Heaven
- Before Jesus ascended into heaven, He gave the to them the power to
baptize and to forgive sins.
- He promised to send the Holy Spirit to descend upon the Apostles and to
fill them with all of the courage that they needed to go out to spread the Gospel.
- "Then he took them out as far as the outskirts of Bethany, and
raising his hands he blessed them. Now as he blessed them, he withdrew from them and was
carried up to heaven." (Lk. 24:50-51)
- Stand in the field below with the Apostles and the Virgin Mary and feel
in your heart the excitement, the awe, the confusion to see Jesus as He ascends into the
- He lives this day and He wants us to know His burning love. He came to
this earth. He put on a human body because He loves us.
- The Apostles were a sorry lot. They were filled with fear. They did not
understand the words of Jesus. They were filled with self. They were always worrying who
would be first. Jesus ascended into heaven and promised to send them the Holy Spirit to
fill their hearts with the fire of God's love.
- He no longer walks the earth, but this day He lives in this world in the
Holy Eucharist and He is truly present. He lives in our hearts.
- He tells us not to fear for He is here in our every breath and our every
heartbeat. He is guarding us, for He loves us so much that He gave us His life that we
would share in His divine life.
- We are His apostles today. We must spread His love to this world.
- We are doing His work. He wants us to be one in Him. He wants to act in
us. We must put aside our selfish ways and be like Him. He wants us to give love to all.
The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the
Apostles and Mary
- The Apostles were afraid and they had locked themselves in the upper
room. There was a gigantic wind. There appeared over their heads parted tongues of fire.
They were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in foreign tongues as the Holy
Spirit prompted them to speak.
- When we are in the state of grace, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dwell
within our hearts in a very, very special way.
- It is the Holy Spirit that transforms us more and more into the image and
likeness of Jesus.
- It is the Holy Spirit alive within us that is constantly leading us on
our way to be closer and closer to God. He is in our hearts when we are in the state of
grace. He wants us to tell Him of our love for Him.
- The more that we tell the Holy Spirit how much we love Him, the more our
hearts will burn within us for love of the Son and the Father.
- Holy Spirit, alive in our hearts at this moment, how we love You. We want
to be close to You. Fill us with the burning fire of God's love in our hearts.
- It is in the pure and tender heart of Mary that we will love Jesus ever
more. Holy Spirit, mold us in the heart of Mary to be more and more like Jesus.
- The Apostles were so filled with the Holy Spirit that they went out and
so many were converted. They were locked in prison and they got out of prison singing
songs of great joy, for their hearts were filled with the fire of God's love.
- Let us experience the life and vibrancy of God's love within us. As Satan
tempts us and tries to drag us down, let the Holy Spirit lift us up for we will be
propelled by the love of God.
- Song: Come Holy Spirit
The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
- Jesus gave to us His Mother under the cross. Mary guards us and protects
us in everything that we do. She loves us with the tenderest motherly love, with a
personal motherly love.
- She loves us and wants to lead us to the Heart of her Son through her
- How close Mary is to the Heart of her Son. She lived with Him. She cared
for Him. She carried Him in her womb. She gave Him His life through her milk. She watched
Him as He walked His way to Calvary. She stood under the cross. She watched Him as He
ascended into heaven. It is through her heart that we will know the Heart of Jesus more
- Mary's heart is sinless. Mary is conceived without sin. Mary loves the
Father with the deepest love. She loves her Son, Jesus. She loves her Spouse, the Holy
Spirit. It is in going to the heart of Mary, loving the Father, loving the Son, and loving
the Holy Spirit through her heart that we join ever closer to the Almighty God.
- How Mary waits for us, stands by us, stands by our beds as we sleep, as a
loving Mother caring at every moment about our life in God.
- We are never alone for Jesus and Mary are with us, guarding us and caring
for us. She cares for her little children in this world.
- The angel appeared to Mary and asked her to be the Mother of God. She
always did the Father's will and she was taken into heaven. The Father has a plan for us.
If we follow His will, we too will go to heaven someday.
- Mary is the highest human person. In recognizing the great love that
Jesus has for His Mother, we realize the love that He has for us.
- He loves His Mother so much that He wants His Heart venerated next to her
- Mary is our spiritual Mother. She loves us more than any earthly mother.
Mary Is Crowned Queen of Heaven and
- Heaven may seem so far away for children in this world, but Mary wants us
to always have pure hearts and always be ready to meet our Almighty God.
- Do we realize, children, that one mortal sin can keep us from heaven
forever and ever?
- We must be ready at all times to die and we must remain in the state of
grace. Sin offends God Who loves us so much.
- We think that God is so far away and He is so close. We look at the
sunlit day and the star filled night and we see the wonders of the Almighty God. He is
present this day and in our midst.
- He has all the power. Our every breath depends on Him. At any moment, we
could be taken from this world. We must be ready to meet God. If we love and serve God and
keep His commandments, we will be in heaven forever and ever.
- At the Holy Spirit Center, in Norwood, Ohio, the beautiful stained glass
windows depict Mary as she is crowned by Jesus. The Father and the Holy Spirit are close
by. This is the love that the Almighty God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have for Mary.
Mary, a human person, is crowned Queen of Heaven and Queen of Earth. We do not realize the
immense love that God has for us. We are His creatures.
- The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dwell within our hearts in a very
special way when we are in the state of grace.
- Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, the glory that God has ready for
those who love and serve Him.
- The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit love each other perfectly. Out of Their
great love, They created man. It is so foolish to not love, for God loved man so much that
He came to this earth, died, and rose that we would share in His life. No person will get
out of this life without dying. It is so foolish to not be prepared to meet our Maker.
- We know not the day nor the hour. We are called to purify our hearts. We
must give our hearts to Jesus and Mary. Jesus loves us with the most tender love. He wants
to be so close to us. We must give ourselves to Mary. Her heart is pure. We are sinners.
We can get closer to God through Mary's pure heart. Jesus gave us His Mother to mother us.
Thoughts before the Hail Holy Queen:
Mary will teach us the way to love. She will help us love the Father,
Son, and Holy Spirit. We must open our hearts to love. We must love God and one another.
[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Copyright © 1998 Shepherds of Christ
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form
without the written permission of the publisher. For information contact Shepherds of
First Printing: November, 1998