[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
From Junior Shepherds of Christ Associate Meetings
DECEMBER 7, 1995
The Angel Gabriel Comes to Mary
- Today is the eve of the Immaculate Conception. Mary was sinless. She
conceived the Child Jesus. It makes sense that God would come into a virgin that was
- Eve was the first mother of the living. She sinned and now Mary conceives
of the Child Jesus. She is the spiritual Mother of all the living.
- The angel said, "...'Rejoice, you who enjoy God's favour! The Lord
is with you.'" (Lk. 1:28)
- The angel asked Mary to be the Mother of God and Mary complied. She
always did the Father's will. "...'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power
of the Most High will cover you with its shadow. And so the child will be holy and will be
called Son of God." (Lk. 1:35) "Mary said, "You see before you the Lord's
servant, let it happen to me as you have said.' And the angel left her." (Lk. 1:38)
- The Father created us and has such a plan for each one of our lives. It
is in living according to the way the Father wants us to live that we will be happy.
- Mary wants us to make reparation to her heart:
During her appearance in July, Our Lady, in answer to Lucy's plea, promised that
in October she would work a great miracle so that all might believe and know who she was.
Again, the Mother of God told the children to sacrifice themselves for sinners and to say
many times, especially when making a sacrifice, this prayer: "O my Jesus, I offer
this for love of Thee, for the conversion of poor sinners, and in reparation for all the
sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary."24
- We tell Mary we are sorry for the disrespectful way some treat her. We
tell her we love her.
- Hail Mary, full of grace. She is full of grace, for she carried within
her the Child Jesus.
- The Child Jesus was conceived in the womb of Mary, and His Heart was
formed within her womb.
- Let us ask our Mother Mary to help us.
- Mary went to visit her cousin, Elizabeth, who had also conceived a child
in her old age.
- "...'Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit
of your womb." (Luke 1:42) This was the greeting that Elizabeth gave to Mary when
Mary came to visit her.
- The child within the womb of Elizabeth jumped for joy at the presence of
the Almighty God and the Virgin Mary.
- Who are we that God loves us so much that He came to this earth, walked
the earth, suffered, and died that we would share in His life?
- We are human persons. He is a Divine Person. It is through Baptism that
He allows us to share in His divine life.
- We are the children of God. Mary is our Mother and we have a most loving
- Let us forever be thankful for the visits that God gives to us through
- Mary carried the Child Jesus, the Son of God, within her womb. He gives
Himself to us in the Holy Eucharist. He comes to us. He is as present in us in the Holy
Eucharist as He was in Mary's womb.
- Mary wants us to come to her heart. She will take us to the Heart of her
Son. Jesus loves us so much.
- How pure and tender is the heart of Mary. How loving, how kind she is.
Dwelling in her heart, we will become more pure, more tender, more loving, and more kind.
We have a mother when we are born, Mary is the Mother of our spiritual life.
The Child Jesus Is Born in Bethlehem
- Dear Jesus, how tenderly we love You and thank You for coming to this
earth and for giving us a sharing in Your divine life.
- Jesus waits for us to come and to tell Him of our love.
- We cannot imagine the beauty of our own soul when we are in the state of
- He looks at us and He sees the good in us. Let us always look at our
brothers and see the good in them.
- Think of the little baby hands and feet of Jesus in the crib. Now think
of how Jesus loves us that He allowed them to hammer nails into His hands and feet.
- Let us get rid of any hatred that we have toward any of our brothers.
- Let us fill our hearts with such love that when we interact with others,
we are loving to them.
- Jesus is waiting to be so close to us. Many times, we have moments all
alone. In these special moments, Jesus would like us to tell Him how much we love Him.
- Song: What Child Is This
- The shepherds came and they watched the Child Jesus as He lay in the
manger. This is the Almighty God, the Savior of the World.
The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
- The Child Jesus was taken to the Temple and presented to the Father.
- The old man, Simeon, was waiting to see the Child Jesus and he prophesied
of the sufferings to come.
- Let us pray to the Blessed Virgin and ask her to help us in everything
that we do, for she is our best prayer partner. In uniting with her tender heart, we will
become closer to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. She has a pure heart. Her
heart is immaculate.
- Whenever we are worried, or whenever we do not feel good inside, let us
pray for the grace to tell Jesus how much we love Him. We must not waste valuable moments
by giving into the thoughts that trouble our hearts.
- Satan tries to keep souls away from God. Mary will take us to the Heart
of Christ if we pray to her.
- From the prophesy of Simeon, Mary knew of the sufferings to come. From
this time on, there was a constant ache in her heart.
- We are being asked to pray the rosary everyday.
- It is up to us to pray from our hearts, not to just say words. We must
pray with our whole heart, our whole soul, and our whole being.
- Lord Jesus, little Jesus that was held in the arms of the Virgin Mary,
watch over us in every breath that we take.
- Jesus wants us to go to our beloved Mother for love and protection.
The Finding in the Temple
- When He was a little baby, the Child Jesus was taken up to the Temple.
The Child Jesus was also taken up to the Temple when He was twelve years old.
- Not much is known about the young life of Jesus. This was the Almighty
God Who came to this earth and walked the earth as a little boy. It is important in our
daily lives to live our lives and be rooted in God.
- Mary and Joseph went ahead and the Child Jesus was left behind. When Mary
and Joseph realized this, they returned to Jerusalem with their hearts sorrowing in search
of the Child Jesus.
- They found Him among the doctors and He was teaching them. They were
astonished at His wisdom and His answers.
- Let us ask the Child Jesus for all of those things that we hold dear to
our hearts, for the Child Jesus will help us.
- Mary's heart was torn under the cross for she knew of how many of her
precious children would lose their souls for their willfulness and their sins.
- Let us pray for this world today, for the sufferings and pain, and for
the little lost children of the Virgin Mary.
- We are the lights that shine in the dark world.
- Let us light up the earth with the fire of God's love.
- Hail Mary...
[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Copyright © 1998 Shepherds of Christ
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form
without the written permission of the publisher. For information contact Shepherds of
First Printing: November, 1998