[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
From Junior Shepherds of Christ Associate Meetings
JANUARY 11, 1996
The Agony in the Garden
- In this rosary, let us open our hearts and pray to be close to Jesus. Let
us meditate on His presence, deep within our hearts.
- Jesus knew that the time would come when He would suffer and die. He
knelt in the garden and He saw before Him all of the sufferings that He would undergo.
- Jesus suffered for all the sins of all men, all the men that lived before
Him and all the men that lived after Him.
- Jesus came to this earth that all men would be with Him someday in
heaven. He died because He loves us so much.
- Jesus comes with a kind and generous Heart. His Heart is a heart of deep
- Many hearts in today's world are very cold. We go into the world, we go
to school, and we see how hard some men's hearts are. Jesus' way is the way of love.
- He remains with us this day truly present in the Holy Eucharist. This is
how much He loves us.
- He is a Person. He wants to be so close to us. He wants us to realize
that He is with us every single second, every single minute, and He wants us to talk to
Him all through the day.
- As we walk with Him in His Passion, we see Jesus as He suffered. We too
will have sufferings in our lives, but as we suffer, we will grow more and more in our
love relationship with Jesus.
- The world tells us that we should not have any problems. But Jesus comes
and shows us the way. He suffered and He died. We, too, will have sufferings in our lives.
His way is the way of the cross.
Jesus Is Scourged at the Pillar
- Jesus is with us at every second. He wants us to put our trust in Him
whenever we are afraid or worried, to talk to Him, and not to be afraid.
- They seized Jesus. They tied Him to the pillar and they began to beat His
- It is in thinking about how Jesus suffered that we realize how much He
- He wants us to think about His Passion. He would suffer for us this day.
He loves us so much.
- Jesus wants us to tell Him how much we love Him. As we meditate on these
mysteries of His life, we see His love for us. We should tell Him how we love Him.
- Jesus is God. He loves us more than any human person can love us.
- The Father created us to long for God and to need the love of God.
Nothing will fill the longing in our hearts for God. We must go to Him.
- The greatest act we can do on this earth is the act of loving God. God
created us to know, love, and serve Him.
- It is very confusing to live in this world today. Many times we hear the
name of Jesus used in vain. His light will shine to the rest of the world through us.
- If we ask Jesus, He will give us grace to be closer to Him. We can ask
for grace to love Him more. It is an honor to be a member of the Junior Shepherds of
Christ Associates for we give our hearts to Jesus and Mary.
The Crowning with Thorns
- It is very difficult to be with others when they are being unloving.
- Jesus calls us to model our lives after Him, to act as He would act. We
should always pray to the Holy Spirit to transform us more and more to be like Jesus.
- Jesus shows us that love is giving. Love is not selfish. Love is giving
to the other.
- It is hard many times to be like Jesus. This is especially hard when
others are being so cruel to us.
- Jesus never leaves us. He knows our every thought. He knows all the
feelings in our hearts. He knows when others persecute us and say nasty things to us. He
wants us to know that He is always with us and guarding us.
- The world seems heartless many times. Jesus comes as the Sacred Heart and
He points to His most Sacred Heart. His Heart is filled with burning love for us.
- We look at Jesus and see His head crowned with thorns and His face
covered with blood. We know that He loves us so much. He allowed them to pound the thorns
into His precious head.
- They spit on Him. They ridiculed Him. He took it all. He loved those who
did this to Him.
- Jesus wants us to love each other. He came to show us how to love. His
way was always giving to others.
- To His death on the cross, He gave Himself as a sacrifice for love of us.
Jesus Carries His Cross
- Jesus' Heart is of burning love. Jesus is all good and all perfect. They
stood around Him and they shouted, "...'Crucify him!'" (Mk. 15:13)
- They gave a heavy cross to Him. They put it on His back. He could hardly
move ahead with the weight of the cross bearing down on Him.
- They poked at Him to make Him move faster. The weight of the cross was so
heavy that He fell to the ground.
- Jesus is always with us. Sometimes our lives are difficult. He is there.
He wants us to take the time to tell Him how much we love Him.
- When we complain and grumble about our lives, He wants us to tell Him how
much we love Him. He is waiting for us to tell Him of our love.
- He walked with the cross on His back. His eyes met the eyes of His loving
Mother. In that look, there was so much love between Jesus and His Mother.
- Mary saw His face covered with blood. She saw Him fall to the ground.
When we are suffering, Mary is watching us and loving us as she loved her Son.
- In all of our trials and in all of our joys, our Mother Mary walks by our
sides as she walked by the side of Jesus while He carried His cross.
- Mary loves each one of us with a most personal love. She loves each of us
as her little child.
- Jesus fell to the ground two more times. His loving Mother was by His
side. She could not even lift her arm to help Him. She walks by us as we struggle. Even
though we do not feel her by us, she is helping us and guiding us. She wants us to turn to
Jesus Is Crucified and Dies on the
- Jesus is the Almighty God. At any moment, He could have stopped all the
abuse that was given to Him.
- They took big gigantic nails and pounded them into the hands of Jesus.
They went all the way through His hand to the wooden cross.
- They pounded a nail through His feet, all the way through His entire
foot. Think of the pain all over His body. His hands and feet were nailed to the cross.
- He died on the cross that we would share in His life.
- He gave Himself for love of us.
- He gives Himself to us today in the Eucharist. He is as present as the
day He walked the earth. He is neglected by so many that He loves.
- He loves us and He wants us to love Him.
- At Communion, Jesus wants us to tell Him how much we love Him.
- His Heart is offended by our sins and the sins of men. He wants us to
tell Him that we are sorry for our sins and sorry for all the sins of the world. Communion
is a good time to help make reparation to God for our sins and the sins of all the world.
- He gave Himself that we would have life. He asks us to love Him with our
whole heart, with our whole soul, and our whole being.
[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Copyright © 1998 Shepherds of Christ
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form
without the written permission of the publisher. For information contact Shepherds of
First Printing: November, 1998