MEDITATING ON THE ROSARY AVES
A collection of meditations previously published as a set
I. THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
- R. The Angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and asked her to be the mother of the
- R. She said yes. Mary had such faith! She always complied with the Father's Will.
- R. She was filled with the Holy Spirit, and the Word was made flesh and dwelt
- R. There was such a bond between Jesus and Mary from the very moment of
- R. She felt His life grow within her womb. His Most Sacred Heart was formed in
her womb through the Holy Spirit.
- R. Jesus wants to be alive in our hearts. We should carry His life with great joy
in our being.
- R. The Spirit wants to be alive in our very being with the fire of His love.
- R. We are children of God. Mary mothers us as she mothered Jesus.
- R. It is through Mary that we are led to intense love in His most precious Heart.
- R. It is truly the love of these Two Hearts that will lead us to union with God.
- R. Mary went to visit her cousin Elizabeth.
- R. When she arrived, the child in Elizabeth's womb leapt for joy at the presence
of Mary with Jesus in her womb.
- R. Mary was filled with the Holy Spirit and cried out, with a loud voice, the
- R. "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord and my spirit rejoices in
God my Savior." (Lk 1:46,47)
- R. "
because He has looked upon the humiliation of his servant. Yes,
from now onwards all generations will call me blessed." (Lk 1:48)
- R. God who is mighty has done great things to us in His name.
- R. Jesus is no less present in our hearts after Communion than He was in Mary's
- R. Should we not jump up and cry out that we truly receive the one, true God in
- R. Are we open to the Holy Spirit to fill us with the love of the one, true God
and Mary in our hearts?
- R. It is through her pure and tender Heart that we will love God more closely.
The Birth of Jesus
- R. Joseph was filled with joy to see the splendor of the night, but with sorrow
to see Jesus born in such poverty.
- R. Not a place for Jesus to lay His head-in a manger at birth, His head on a
cross at His death-both bare wood.
- R. He showed us the way, in total submission to the will of the Father. He loved
us so much that He was born a human, God-made-man.
- R. What the birth of this baby, the child Jesus, did to change the world for all
- R. This is Jesus, the Son of God, come to free the world of its sins.
- R. He came as a little baby. He was born of Mary in the little town of Bethlehem.
- R. This is how it is with Jesus today: there is no blare of trumpets, no roll of
drums. Jesus comes quietly at every Mass.
- R. The only blare of trumpets and roll of drums are in our hearts.
- R. If you are not aware of Christ truly present in the Eucharist, you miss the
- R. Jesus, the same Jesus who was born in Bethlehem, comes to us in our hearts.
The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
- R. Mary took Jesus to the temple to be presented to the Father.
- R. Simeon told Mary of the future sufferings of Jesus and Mary.
- R.Joseph, in his sorrow at hearing of the sufferings, was comforted by the joy that so
many souls would be redeemed.
- R. They returned to Galilee to the town of Nazareth and Jesus grew in wisdom and
- R. Mary, with such love, beheld her precious Son!
- R. She gazed into His precious baby eyes.
- R. Simeon predicted that her Heart would be pierced with a sword.
- R. Her Heart would be pierced with a sword for, just as she held His baby body at
birth, she would hold his lifeless body under the cross.
- R. How well Mary would know the Heart of Jesus! She would ponder all the events
of His life in her Heart.
- R. It is through her most loving Heart that we grow in fervent love for His
The Finding of Jesus in the Temple
- R. When Jesus was twelve years old, the Holy Family went to Jerusalem for
- R. When it was over Mary and Joseph had traveled a day's journey before they
realized Jesus was not with them.
- R. With sorrow in their hearts they returned to Jerusalem to find Him.
- R. After searching for Him for three days, they found Him in the temple talking
to the doctors.
- R. The doctors were astounded at His wisdom.
- R. He said He had to be about His Father's business.
- R. Jesus teaches us today through His word.
- R. He went down and was subject to them.
- R. Mary, if we ever lose Jesus, lead us back to His tender Heart.
- R. Jesus, help us to love Mary more.
THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
The Agony in the Garden
- R. Agonies of the heart are the greatest of all agonies. How Jesus suffered for
all who would treat Him so coldly!
- R. He who loves us so perfectly, with a Heart on fire for us, is treated with
- R. His Heart is an open furnace. He calls out to us, "I love you so dearly.
Please, My children, please come and give your love to Me!"
- R. In the garden He saw before Him all the people from all time who would not
even think of Him, day after day after day, and still He loved them so much!
- R. He waits for us to come and be with Him in the Eucharist. So many people
receive Him and do not talk to Him!
- R. He agonized over all the souls who would suffer eternal damnation despite His
Sacrifice for their salvation.
- R. He saw before Him all the suffering He would undergo for deepest love of us
and in compliance with His Father's will.
- Mary: I am the Immaculate Heart. If only you knew, my dear children, how much my
Son loves you!
- R. His Heart was in such sorrow and anguish! We do not know even now how much
this Heart suffered for love of us! He thirsts for the love of souls.
- R. He asks us to tell Him how much we truly love Him.
The Scourging at the Pillar
- R. Jesus loved Judas dearly but Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss.
- R. Jesus stood by. They hit His face. They pulled His hair. They treated Him so
- R. His beloved mother stood by and watched her once-small-child suffer so! But
she was helpless and could not raise a hand.
- R. They tied Him to a pillar.
- R. His tender back was beaten so brutally that flesh now hung from His body.
- R. The blood ran down His precious skin from His head to His toes.
- R. With mean hearts and angry faces they whipped Jesus with horrible instruments.
- R. As He stood there absorbing this punishment He thought of us and how He loves
us so dearly.
- R. He thought of our brothers, too. He loves them with the same intense love.
- R. As He suffered so from the sins of men He was comforted by the acts of love we
give to Him this very day.
The Crowning with Thorns
- R. They clothed Him with a dirty, purple robe and mocked Him as king.
- R. They pounded the crown of thorns onto His most precious head.
- R. The blood ran down, bright red blood, into His eyes and into His ears.
- R. Put yourself there and watch Jesus as He is crowned with thorns and people
holler such horrible things!
- R. Jesus sits with His head down like a little lamb about to be led to the
- R. Think of how it would be to have someone taunt and assault you.
- Jesus: "They wounded My head with a crown of thorns and I bled for love of
- Jesus: "My children, do you know how I love you? I love you this very day."
- R. He would suffer for us this very day.
- Jesus: "Come to Me in the Eucharist. I long for your love. I am He Who shed His
blood for you."
The Carrying of the Cross
- R. See Jesus stand there as they condemned Him to death-the hate and anger on
their faces while Jesus stood, bound like a criminal, with a look of peace on His face, at
peace because He knew the Father's love.
- Jesus: When they holler and persecute you, see My love given for you. See Me with My
body beaten and battered. See My Father as He loves you this very day. Know that you are
- R. Mary walked the whole way by His side.
- R. Do we know even a little of how the Heart of Mary ached as she watched her Son
beaten and poked as He fell to the ground with the cross on His back. She had to stand
helplessly by and not say a word.
- R. Do we see the love that Jesus and Mary have for us? Do we see that they are
always with us, loving us so much? Or do we wander our own way, thinking no one loves us?
- R. He falls under the cross, then rises, again and again. This is the love He has
- R. They peered into each other's eyes. "This is the love We give to you.
Would you listen to Us, please?"
- R. His Heart beat, even to its last, for love of us, but we do not think of how
much love God has for each of us this very day.
- R. Always complying with the will of the Father, He plodded on as they led Him to
the hill of Calvary.
- R. Veronica wiped the face of Jesus, that beautiful face, once so unblemished,
now covered with blood.
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus
- R. She stood by and watched the same hands-once gentle, baby hands-now hammered
with big nails.
- R. She saw His feet-those little feet she once held-now hammered with big nails.
- R. She watched as His skin-that tender skin she cared for as she babied Him-was
now all battered, torn, bruised and bloodied!
- R. And she calls out to us this day: "This is my Son. This is how He loves
you. What more do you want Him to do to show you His love?"
- R. He remains with us in the Eucharist with such love! He gave Himself on the
cross. He gives Himself to us this very day.
- Mary: I saw what He suffered because He loved you so. I suffered by His side. I
call out to you. I am your beloved mother. Come to Him.
- Mary: His Heart is on fire for love of you today.
- Mary: Stand under the cross with me and watch my Son die such a terrible death!
- Mary: Sit under the cross with me. Receive His lifeless body.
- Mary: I am the Immaculate Heart of Mary and I cry out to you to spread His love
to all of your brothers. For I come to tell you this day that He loves you so much and He
loves your brothers and wants them to know this love. This is my call to you: to spread
this love throughout this world.
THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
- R. On the third day He arose as he foretold.
- R. When Mary Magdalen and some other women arrived at the tomb, they saw that the
entry stone had been rolled away.
- R. There appeared two men in dazzling garments where Jesus had been laid.
- R. The two angels told the women He had risen as He had foretold.
- R. He went to Emmaus and recounted for them all the scriptures, from Moses
through the prophets, which referred to Him.
- R. When He had seated Himself with them to eat, He took bread, pronounced the
blessing, then broke the bread and began to distribute it to them. With that their eyes
were opened and they recognized Him, whereupon He vanished from their sight.
- R. He appeared several times to the apostles over the course of 40 days and gave
them the power to baptize and forgive sins.
- R. Christ died to bring us to new life.
- R. He came that we might have life to the full.
- R. The good news is that Jesus has died and that He has risen.
- R. They went out of the town of Bethany and Jesus gave them his final blessing.
- R. He raised His arms and ascended into heaven.
- R. They stood below in utter amazement at what had happened.
- R. Think of what it would be like to see Jesus ascend bodily into heaven.
- R. Imagine the grief in Mary's and the apostles' hearts to see Him go!
- R. Jesus has not left. He remains with us in His divinity and humanity in the
- R. He longs for us to come and receive Him. He waits for us to come and be with
Him in front of the tabernacle.
- R. He gave Himself on the cross. He gives Himself this very day in the Eucharist.
- R. He loved us so much He died for us. He rose to give us new life. As He
ascended into heaven he left behind the most precious gift of all-Himself!
- R. He said, "John baptised with water but, not many days from now, you are
going to be baptised with the Holy Spirit." (Acts 1:5)
The Descent of the Holy Spirit
- R. The apostles were full of fear and locked themselves in the Upper Room.
- R. When the Holy Spirit descended on Mary and the apostles, what joy for Mary's
- R. Jesus had promised to send the Holy Spirit. A great wind blew and over their
heads appeared parted tongues of fire.
- R. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in foreign
- R. What joy for Mary to see the apostles transformed from fear to fearlessness!
- R. Oh, Holy Spirit, come to us and fill our hearts with the fire of Your love.
- R. Where we are full of fear, make us fearless.
- R. We long to have the courage to do all God asks of us. Oh, Holy Spirit, give us
- R. Holy Spirit, lead us to intimate oneness with You, the Father, the Son and
- R. Oh, Holy Spirit, set us on fire for love of God.
The Assumption of Our Lady into Heaven
- R. Many years after Jesus' death Mary was taken up to heaven.
- R. Imagine her delight to be forever united with her most precious Son.
- R. Imagine her joy to be united with the Father and the Holy Spirit. She beheld
the face of God.
- R. She had lived her whole life in service of Him. Now she was taken up to her
eternal dwelling place.
- R. Mary has not left. She remains forever with us. She is wherever Jesus is. She
is our spiritual mother. She is forever by our side. She loves us. She mothers us with
such motherly love!
- R. Who are we to have Mary as our mother?
- R. Mary watched it all. A young Mary, an older Mary, a sad Mary, a joyful
Mary-Mary, the reflection of Christ's life!
- R. To know Christ is to see Him through Mary's eyes, to feel Him through Mary's
motherhood, to love Him through Mary's Heart.
- R. She forever intercedes for her beloved children. She cares for our every need.
- R. Heaven is our true home.
The Coronation of Our Lady
- R. A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon
under her feet and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
- R. Mary was crowned queen of heaven and earth. Our most beloved mother now reigns
in the court of heaven!
- R. Imagine her joy to hear the choirs of angelic voices! Imagine her joy to see
the angels and saints praising God!
- R. She-who carried the baby Jesus in her womb, who held Him in her arms, who
walked by His side during the Passion, who stood under His cross, who held His lifeless
body and watched Him locked in the tomb-was now crowned Queen of Heaven, forever to reign
in the court of heaven with her beloved Son.
- R. If we remain faithful to the Lord until death, we too will receive a crown of
life. In heaven shall be found every good.
- R. Such treasures for us in heaven! The eye has not seen, the ear has not heard
the glories that await him who serves the Lord!
- R. Heaven is the kingdom of God. We are His heirs.
- R. There is no more thirsting for union with God, no more longing for Him. We
will experience such intense union with Him forever.
- R. We will never want for love again. We will know His love.
- R. We will see the face of God and live.
October 1, 1996
Jesus: The Shepherds of Christ Movement will have centers of renewal.
As requested by My Mother, I am asking you to pray the rosary as a continued novena for
the Movement. Pray, beginning this day, 27 days in petition, 27 days in thanksgiving for
these requests given by My Mother June 17, 1996:
- For the spread of the rosary, circulation, and publication of these rosary meditations,
for the rosary books and children's rosary books, for the rosary Aves and consecrations to
be distributed and used by school children.
- For Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center.
- For the Shepherds of Christ centers, for the locations and funds, for the priestly
mailing to establish chapters in the churches.
I am requesting that you continually pray this rosary novena from this day forth for
these intentions. I am Jesus. I am giving My directions to you, My apostles, in these
rosaries from Our Hearts. Please study the rosaries.
I am here and My Mother is here in a special way on the 13th of each month. I am giving
to you abundant graces to grow closer to Our Hearts during this rosary. Whenever you use
these rosaries, I will give you special graces to help you in this mission, My apostles.
Open your hearts and let Me fill your soul with My love. I am alive. I am alive. I am
alive, and I live in you. I am Jesus. I come to you with greatest love. Please read the
message of Pentecost, 1996 and March 26, 1996 found in this book.
R. For the rosary novena as requested by Jesus and Mary, we pray on the first
day the Joyful Mysteries, on the second day the Sorrowful Mysteries, on the third day the
Glorious Mysteries. Pray the rosary this way for 27 days in petition, and continue praying
the rosary for 27 more days in thanksgiving. Jesus and Mary want us to continue this
novena perpetually, 27 days in petition, 27 days in thanksgiving. Included is a chart to help you keep track on the back of the book. Please
tell all members of the Shepherds of Christ Movement about this request of Jesus and Mary
and circulate the prayer charts with the above message.
God has entrusted the peace of the world to Mary, she is the Queen of Peace. Mary
appeared at Fatima in 1917. Mary's peace plan was given to Lucia as follows:
- Until a sufficient number of people have consecrated their hearts to the Hearts of Jesus
and Mary, we will not have peace in the world.
- Mary has requested all to pray the daily rosary.
- We must observe the First Saturday devotion.
- We must make reparation to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
A Final Comment From Jesus
November 12, 1996
Before the Exposed Eucharist
Jesus: My dear, beloved ones, the windows in Our Lady of the Holy Spirit Center
are part of the Father's plan.
In praying the rosary, I am asking you to pray to the Holy Spirit and study the
pictures in the windows of the mysteries of the rosary. I will reveal to you the insight
into the mysteries of My life when you study the pictures. The chart of the position of
the windows is important to your study.
Study the Annunciation in reference to the window directly across from it, the
Assumption. Study the Visitation in reference to the Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the
Apostles. Study the Presentation in reference to the Resurrection and Crucifixion. These
pictures were included here at the request of My Mother to help you live lives more like
Our lives. Look at the pictures of the Annunciation and the Assumption together. See how
Mary's life unfolded according to the Father's plan.
Oh, how I love you. Studying the windows provided here while you pray the rosary will
help you to model your lives after Our lives.
This rosary book, Rosaries from the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, is very dear to
My Most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of My Mother. Please use this book
faithfully. I am giving to you abundant grace to grow more and more in union with Our
Hearts when you use this book while praying the rosary.
This is a great Christmas gift for the world. Please be grateful and thank God for
these revelations that I give to you. These are insights to take into Our Hearts.
I love you.
Copyright © 1996 Shepherds of Christ.
Rights for non-commercial reproduction granted:
May be copied in its entirety, but neither re-typed nor edited.
Revised: August, 1997