[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Advanced Meditations with Greater Content
JANUARY 26, 1995
The Agony in the Garden
- Be with Jesus as He kneels in the garden of Gethsemane.
- Be there in the night. Hear the sounds of the night. See Jesus as He
kneels in such agony. He sees before Him all the sufferings that He is about to undergo.
- With greatest love for each one of us, the Father sent into this world
His only-begotten Son.
- Jesus took on a human nature with greatest love for each one of us. He
now kneels in the garden, His Heart in such anguish. He, Who is love, sees before Him all
the souls from all time who would neglect Him and treat Him so indifferently. They would
treat Him so indifferently despite all His suffering and love that His most tender Heart
has for each and every soul.
- He saw before Him all the souls that would be condemned to eternal
damnation despite the fact that He suffered and died for love of each soul.
- The anguish that He suffered in the garden, the agonies that He suffered
in His Most Sacred Heart, were far greater than the physical wounds that He would soon
bear throughout His entire Passion. He is love, with a Heart burning for love of all
souls: the souls that neglect Him, the souls that do not even think of Him, and the souls
that go through their lives, have nothing to do with Jesus, and then are condemned forever
and ever to the fires of hell.
- Jesus remains with us this very day, the same as the day that He knelt in
the garden. He remains with us in His divinity and humanity. With greatest love for each
one of us, He longs, He thirsts, He waits for us to come and be with Him in front of the
- His suffering in the garden was so great that His sweat became as great
drops of blood upon the ground.
- He went to the Apostles and asked them, "Had you not the strength to
stay awake one hour?" (Mk. 14:37) How many times does Jesus ask us this day if we do
not have one hour to spend with Him? There are twenty-four hours in a day, but how many
times during the day do we say "no" to Jesus and that we are too busy? His Heart
waits and waits for us. At every second, His Heart is an endless, burning furnace of love.
Whether we think of Him or not, He is always ablaze, on fire for us, loving us, and
waiting for us to allow Him to be our constant companion.
- God, grant to us the grace to know and to love You more so that we can
more fully realize that You truly are God-made-man in Jesus Christ. You come to this earth
in greatest love for each one of us. You long and wait for our love. You want to give us
The Scourging at the Pillar
- His Heart is on fire for each one of His precious souls. He longs for us
to come and be with Him. As He suffered all through His Passion, the greatest agonies were
not the agonies that He suffered to His body, the scourging at the pillar and the tearing
of His flesh. The greatest agonies were those that He endured to His most tender Heart,
which is a Heart of love waiting to share with each and every one of his precious souls.
He calls us this day to spread His love to the world that is in pain. He calls us to be
His soldiers, to spread the love of His Most Sacred Heart to the souls that are suffering
and in pain. We are His mighty warriors in a world that is cold and has forgotten God. We
must be strong soldiers, for this world will persecute us as they persecuted Him. He is
sending us into the world, armed with hearts filled with His love, to spread His love
along the highways and the byways in every corner of this earth.
- They tied Him to a pillar and they beat His flesh. His once unblemished
back was now an open wound. He was full of blood, but His worst agony was the agony that
He endured in His Most Sacred Heart, the Heart which gives us a sharing in His divine love
and His divine life, is rejected by many and is treated coldly.
- He loved Judas so dearly and Judas betrayed Him with a kiss. How many of
His dear souls come to Him with hearts that are hot and cold? He wants us to come to Him
with hearts full of love. We must have hearts that will unite with His, that will become
one with His, and that will give to this world His love for our hurting brothers. He was
scourged at the pillar for love of our brothers. Listen to the blows that they gave to
Him. They are the blows that He suffered for our brothers. How can we treat our brothers
badly when they tore His flesh, and out of greatest love He withstood all this treatment
for our beloved brothers?
- He gave His all. He stood there. He was beaten. He was bruised. He was
bloodied. He came to show you the way, the way to love. They persecuted Him. He loved
those who persecuted Him. We must be kind in our hearts. We must give love. He is a
burning furnace of endless love. His power never goes out. His love is never spent. Come
to His Most Sacred Heart and He will fill your heart with endless love.
- Song: "Lord, let me walk that last mile in Your shoes,
under the weight of the wood..."
- See in the dim light as He stood at the pillar. See the men with their
angry faces, with hatred in their hearts, as they pound His flesh.
- When they persecute us and hate us because we are not of this world, we
must endure all out of greatest love. His way is always love. He came to show us the way,
the way to eternal happiness. It is only in loving one another that we will merit eternal
life. He asks us for two things. He asks us to love God and to love one another.
- We must go to His Eucharistic Heart! It will radiate to all those that we
come in contact with, for the power of the Almighty God is a power that cannot be
contained. It will radiate from our beings to all those we touch.
- When He walked from the pillar, the earth was marked by His bloody
- As the earth was marked by His bloody footprints, I ask you to make a
mark on this world, to spread to this world the love of His Most Sacred Heart.
The Crowning with Thorns
- His body was battered, bruised, and bloodied. They covered Him with a
dirty purple robe that they put on top of His wounds. He held a scepter and they crowned
Him with a sharp crown of piercing thorns.
- Do you know what it is like to get a little splinter in your hand? They
pounded into Jesus' most precious head thorns that were thick and piercing until the blood
ran down His face, into His eyes, and into His ears. His hair was matted. This was truly
the King of kings, the Son of God! He was crowned with a crown of piercing thorns!
- Song: "Only this I want, but to know the Lord, and to bear
His cross, so to wear the crown He wore..."
- They spit on Him and they hollered slanders at Him. He sat, as they did
this to Him, in silence.
- He truly came into this world, the Son of God, to show us the way. He sat
in silence. Think of how we respond to those who come to us with hatred in their hearts.
His way is the way of love. We must love all of our brothers as He has loved.
- The Father created each and every child-so precious, so unique-with such
- He loves us this day.
- Think of how it is to love so much and to be neglected.
- Pray to the Spirit to open your heart to the fire of His love.
- We are blind men! We do not see the love that He outpours to us. We see
little incidental things. His Heart is overflowing with divine love and with divine life.
He wants to give us His life! He gives us Himself in the Eucharist. Nothing on this earth
can compare to His divine love and His divine life that He wants to give to us!
The Carrying of the Cross
- See Jesus with His hands tied, with a look of perfect peace on His face.
See those men who are surrounding Jesus, with their sharp instruments poking at Him, with
anger and hatred on their faces-such anger and hatred that they condemned Jesus to death
on a cross!
- They gave to Him a heavy cross that they put on His most precious
shoulder. He carried the weight of the sins of the world on His back. This is the love
that He has for each and every man, that He carries the cross with our sins on His back.
- He is no less present in the Eucharist this day than the day He walked to
Calvary with His cross on His back. "Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and
when he had said the blessing he broke it and gave it to the disciples. 'Take it and eat,'
he said, 'this is my body.' Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he handed it
to them saying, 'Drink from this, all of you, for this is my blood, the blood of the
covenant, poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." (Mt. 26:26-28)
- He peered into the eyes of His beloved Mother and she peered into His
eyes. There was joy at the meeting of the eyes, but such sorrow deep within each of Their
Hearts. They knew each other deeply in Their Hearts and how she had held Him and loved
Him! He saw her in such suffering! He saw her face with tears. He saw His most precious
Mother torn so deeply in her heart. It is the love of Their Hearts for us that has led us
to this place. We must spread His love throughout the world. He would carry His cross this
day for us because He loves us so dearly. God came to earth and was born a man out of
greatest love for us! We do not see clearly. We do not come to His altar to receive the
life that He wants to outpour to us. We are so blind! Pray for grace! Pray for His life,
to know and love all that we do not see. We do not see because we do not come to His
altar, because we do not spend time with Him!
- Mary comes to lead us to His most tender Heart. He asks us to answer the
call, the call of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus, to be joined
ever closer to Their Hearts brimming over with love for each and every soul.
- Jesus fell under His cross. The weight was so heavy! He did not give up
His cross. He willingly carried this cross for love of us!
- It is in living in the Father's will that you will be the happiest. To
His very death He followed the will of the Father.
- Song: See the Eyes that Look at Mary
- See through the eyes of Mary. She peered into Jesus' eyes on Calvary. See
through her eyes the love of her precious Son, Jesus Christ. See that He truly walked to
Calvary, that He was truly scourged and crowned with thorns, and that He did it for
greatest love of each of us. He calls us to come and be with Him and to spread His love to
- Song: Little Baby Hands and Feet
The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus
- See the little hands of Jesus. See the little feet of Jesus as Mary holds
Him as a baby. Now she stands and watches as they pound nails through His most precious
hands into the cross. The anguish in her heart is so deep! "and a sword will
pierce your soul too-so that the secret thoughts of many may be laid bare." (Lk.
- Mary does not bear the wounds and the blood, as Jesus does, but Mary's
heart is torn to see her beloved Son, battered, bruised and bloody, and now hanging on the
- Be there! The sky has turned dark as Jesus hangs for three agonizing
hours on the cross. His body is humped over and He is so weak! He gives His blood. He
spreads His arms. He gives His all for love of each and every one of us. He truly gives
His flesh. He gives His blood because He loves us so much! He was born a human! He was
born on bare wood in a stable and now He hangs on a cross!
- His blood was spent so that we could inherit eternal life.
- As He gave His life on the cross, so He gives us His life this day in the
- Song: "I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me shall not
hunger and who believes in Me shall not thirst. No one can come to Me unless the Father
beckons, and I will raise you up, and I will raise you up, and I will raise you up on the
- He gave the last beat of His Heart. He gave His last breath. He gave His
all. His hands were punctured with nails. His head was pierced with thorns. He gave the
inside of His body as well as the outside of His body! He asks us, in greatest love, to
surrender ourselves to Him, for He truly gave His all for love of us. If He loved us so
much that He gave His body, His blood, His all for each and every one of us, would He not
give us from His abundance this day? He comes with such love. He is truly Jesus Christ,
the Son of God, in our midst this day in the Eucharist, waiting for us to come and be with
Him. He truly loves with a Heart of divine love. He truly has divine life that He outpours
to each and every soul. He wants so much to share Himself with each one of us! If we come
to Him, He will give us His divine love and His divine life. He loves us so dearly! We
should come for His love and give this love to the world. A heart fixed on the love of God
can move a mountain. We should live in the Father's will, to spread His love throughout
the world. If we say "no", this world will suffer. We are His chosen ones, each
and every soul. We must come, be filled with the love He pours out to us, and love our
fellow men. We must love our brothers when they hate us and persecute us. We must love
them as He loved those who put Him to death. We must open our hearts, rid ourselves of all
impurities, and to pray to the Spirit to sanctify our hearts and clean out the debris of
hatred and anger. We must come to His tabernacle with hearts that are open and pure so He
can fill us with His divine love. It is in uniting with Him that He can operate from us
and love this world as He so desire. This is His calling for us this day. Can we say
"no"? See Him hanging on the cross. This is how He loved us!
- Mary stood under the cross and she saw Her beloved Son as He took His
- Jesus gave His life for each and every soul. Mary wants them to know His
love. It is only in His love that we will find what our souls craves.
- They gave to Mary the lifeless body of her precious Son. As she held His
baby body tenderly in her arms, she, so weak, now holds His lifeless body in her arms,
covered with blood.
[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Copyright © 1998 Shepherds of Christ
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form
without the written permission of the publisher. For information contact Shepherds of
First Printing: November, 1998