[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Advanced Meditations with Greater Content
THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
FEBRUARY 22, 1995
- On the third day, Jesus rose from the dead as He had foretold. Death has
no power over Him!
- They had rolled the heavy stone in front of the tomb and His enemies
believed that they had won. Jesus was locked in the tomb! These are truly the Glorious
Mysteries for He rose triumphant on the third day!
- Mary Magdalene and some of the others went to the tomb. When they
arrived, they saw the stone had been rolled back.
- Come Holy Spirit, fill us with the fire of Your love. Pour out to us Your
divine love and Your divine life, so that we may partake more and more in this life and be
raised to eternal life in heaven.
- Jesus walked with two disciples on the way to Emmaus and recounted for
them all the scriptures in the Old Testament from the time of Moses that referred to Him.
- They did not understand that Jesus would die and then rise again. They
did not recognize Him after He rose. You might think, "Oh, so blind were they! How
could they not recognize Jesus?", but Jesus is in our midst this day. He is present
right here with us. He is present in the tabernacle. He is present in us and in our world
and the world continues to go on its way in blindness.
- Take the blinders from our eyes so that we may see more and more with the
vision of God. As we unite with You, lead us ever closer to the vision of God.
- He gives us sufferings. He gives us trials. He allows all that happens to
us to happen. It is in acceptance of all that He allows, and in focusing on Jesus, that we
will have new life, new life in Him! He is forever present and forever ready to pour out
to us His life in abundance. We must realize that the way to Him is to follow Him. He came
to carry His cross. He suffered and died so He could bring us new life!
- Song: I Love You Jesus
- Who are we that God loves us so much that He sent His only Son into this
world and His Son died on the cross for our redemption? Now He rises on the third day to
bring us new life. He gives to the Apostles the power to baptize and to forgive sins. It
is through Baptism that we are made children of God and heirs of heaven. We are given new
life in Baptism! We are on a spiritual journey. We are reborn in Baptism as little babies
on our journey. Our Mother Mary is our Spiritual Mother to lead us on our way to closer
and closer union with Jesus, her beloved Son!
- Jesus took the Apostles out to the town of Bethany, gave them His final
blessing, and left them in His peace. The ways of God are the ways of peace. The more we
realize the immense love that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit have for us and that the
three Persons are truly inside of us when we are in the state of grace, the more we then
realize that no one can take away this indwelling of the Trinity within us. The more we
pray and stay connected to Them, the more They lead us to peace. Peace, joy, and happiness
come from the realization of the presence of God within us!
- We walk this barren land not alone. We walk with the presence of the
Trinity inside of us. We are temples of the Holy Spirit. It is in the realization of this
divine gift that we are given that we will have peace within us. As we look at Jesus all
though the Passion, the look of peace is always on His face, even though He suffers,
because He knows the Father's love.
- Satan tries to distract us, tries to make us think ill thoughts. It is
only in trusting God, in turning over entirely to Him our wills, our lives, and our whole
being, that we can have peace. It is in living in the Father's will and in doing what He
calls us to do, that we will have true happiness and peace.
- These are the Glorious Mysteries! Jesus truly rose from the dead! Can we
even comprehend that a person Who died could rise from the dead? This alone shows the
magnificence of God's might!
- The glories that followed! He raised His arms and ascended upward into
the clouds. The Apostles, as they looked from below, were awestruck to see Jesus go upward
into the sky, into a cloud which took Him out of sight!
- They who walked and talked with Jesus, who were by His side, were filled
with fear. If the Apostles were fearful, then we should be gentle with ourselves when we
are full of fear inside. We should realize that it was only through the power of the
Spirit that they were transformed from fear to fearlessness. Almighty God can take us from
the depths of doom and raise us to such immense heights, but it takes our will of
surrendering to Him, of focusing on Him, of doing always the Father's will, and of living
in the Father's will as children who are being obedient to their Father.
- Song: A Song from Jesus
Nothing feeds the hungry soul but the love and the life of God!
- He came to give us life. He nourishes this life with the Eucharist. This
is Jesus truly present in His divinity and humanity. He feeds our life through His own
flesh and blood! He feeds our life in Him through the divine love that He has left with
us. He feeds this life through the Church, through the sacraments. He gives us the
sacrament of penance whereby all our sins can be taken away through the power of the
priest. God is so good to us that He truly feeds our life in Him!
- Song: "I Am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me shall not
hunger. He who believes in Me shall never thirst."
- He, God, lets us partake in His divine life, in His divine love, and He
nourishes us with His very own flesh and blood!
The Descent of the Holy Spirit
- The Apostles were full of fear and they locked themselves in the upper
room. Jesus had told them that they would be baptized by the Holy Spirit.
- They were locked in the upper room with the Virgin Mary. There appeared
over their heads parted tongues of fire and the Holy Spirit descended upon them. Mary is
the Mother of the Church. She is our Spiritual Mother. She is the Mother of Christ!
- Mary is our model. She is the spouse of the Holy Spirit. It is in
modeling ourselves after Mary that we become more and more like Jesus. Mary, help us to
love you and to be drawn ever closer to you. Dear Spirit, please transform us in the heart
of Mary into the image of Jesus so that we may be ever closer to our beloved Father.
- It is through Mary's pure and tender heart that the Spirit transforms us
more and more into the image of Jesus!
- Dear Spirit, give us courage to go out into this world and preach the
Gospel as did the Apostles, who were filled with such fearlessness. These were the same
men who, out of great fear, had locked themselves in the upper room. The key is the
Spirit! Transform us, Spirit, please! Give us the courage to do what the Father is asking
us to do: to help carry the Gospel to the world and to help us to spread the love of
- Please outpour Your Spirit onto this center. Please let this Spirit dwell
- Let those involved in the Shepherds of Christ Ministries be filled with
the Spirit so that it is the Spirit that moves in them, that draws them ever closer to the
Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Christ, the Son of God!
- Transform all who are here to have the courage to carry out the plan of
the Father. We are the apostles of the Sacred Heart. We go into this world to spread the
love of Jesus' burning Heart. May the Spirit move in each and every soul and draw souls
ever closer to the Eucharist. For the power is truly in the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus
Christ, the Son of God!
- Song: "Come Holy Ghost, Creator blest, and in our hearts
take up Thy rest. Come with Thy grace and heavenly aid, to fill the hearts which Thou hast
made, to fill the hearts which Thou hast made."
- He gave to them the Eucharist to feed the life that He had imparted to
them. The Spirit moved within their souls to lead them ever closer to the love of God so
that this love could radiate from their beings and be seen in the world.
The Assumption of Our Lady into Heaven
- Mary was taken up into heaven, Body and Soul!
- She remains with us this day. She is our Spiritual Mother. She is the
Mother of the Church. Jesus is alive in the Church today.
- Oh, how our Mother is so much with us this very day!
- Dear Mary, hold in your heart all the especially anointed priests of your
Son, Jesus. Hold them in your heart and, through the Holy Spirit, lead them ever closer to
the Eucharistic Heart of your Son, Jesus.
- It is through the pierced Heart of your Son that the sacramental life of
the Church was born-through the water, which represents Baptism, and the blood, which
represents the Eucharist. We are given life and we are fed. Hold the Church and all those
who minister there in your heart. Hold them ever close to you for you are their Mother.
Mother the Church! Hold them so close to you! Guide them! Protect them! Lead them through
your Spouse, the Holy Spirit, filled with the fire of God's love, into this world in which
the Sacred Heart of Jesus will reign and the Immaculate Heart of Mary will be triumphant!
- Help us in the Shepherds of Christ to carry out whatever is the Father's
plan for renewing the Church, for spreading the love of His Most Sacred Heart to many
people in the nursing homes, in the prisons, and throughout the world. Give us the courage
through the Holy Spirit to spread the love of the Two Hearts in this world that is in
- Dear Mary, help the priests, your beloved priest-sons, to realize the
great mission to which the Father has called them. Help them to lead the flock to the
Eucharistic Heart of Jesus Christ.
- Help us to be proud to be a part of your Church, to be a part of the
living Body of Christ alive in this world today.
- The Church is the Body of Christ. He is the head and we are the members.
We are all one in this Body of Christ. Unite us ever closer with you, Mary, Mother of the
Church. Lead all in the Church to the most burning love of the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus
Christ, the Son of God!
- Oh no! Mary has not left! She is truly here in our midst! She is
mothering us and she is mothering the Church!
The Coronation of Our Lady
- "Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman, robed with the sun,
standing on the moon, and on her head a crown of twelve stars." (Rv. 12:1)
- Mary is Queen of Heaven and Earth! The Sacred Heart of Jesus will reign
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary will triumph on this earth!
- There will be an era of peace. Peace is only found in God and in doing
His will. We must turn our hearts back to God, follow the Ten Commandments, do all that He
is asking us to do, say we are sorry for our sins, and draw our hearts into union with the
Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- We are the children of the Father! Jesus loved us so much that He gave
His very life for us. We are the favored children created uniquely by the Father and He
cares for us this day with great love. Lead us ever closer to union with the Father, the
Son, and the Holy Spirit through the Immaculate Heart of our Mother Mary!
- Song: "Hail, holy queen enthroned above, O Maria! Hail,
mother of mercy and of love, O Maria! Triumph, all ye Cherubim! Sing with us, ye Seraphim!
Heaven and earth resound the hymn, Salve, salve, salve, Regina!"
- All souls are joined in the Church with the souls in purgatory and with
the angels and saints in heaven. We are all one in His Body. Let us love God, for we are
children of God. We are brothers in Christ!
- Help us to see more and more the big picture. Help us to let go of little
details. Help us to see more with the vision of God all that we need to see to do His work
here on this earth. Help us to let go of the little daily distractions. We are His
soldiers marching on a world that is Godless. Help us to realize that souls are at stake
and that Mary and Jesus are calling us to be these soldiers to spread His love.
- Who are we that God is so good to us?
- Mary, our Queen, lead us ever closer to Jesus' Heart. Be with us as we
walk with Jesus on Calvary. Be with us and lead us to everlasting life so that we may one
day be united with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit forever and ever.
- May the saints and angels guide us on our way to eternal salvation. May
we know God more and more. May He outpour His love on us, His beloved ones. We are His and
He loves us so much!
[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Copyright © 1998 Shepherds of Christ
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form
without the written permission of the publisher. For information contact Shepherds of
First Printing: November, 1998