[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Instructions for Children and Parents
APRIL 26, 1995
The Resurrection of Jesus
- Jesus died. As had been foretold, He rose on the third day. Death has no
power over Jesus!
- The soldiers had rolled a gigantic stone up to the tomb where Jesus was
buried. "On the first day of the week, at the first sign of dawn, they went to the
tomb with the spices they had prepared. They found that the stone had been rolled away
from the tomb, but on entering they could not find the body of the Lord Jesus." (Lk.
24:1-3) Mary Magdalene and some of the other women came to put spices on Jesus.
- There were two men at the tomb and they said to the women, "...Why
look among the dead for someone who is alive?" (Lk. 24:5)
- Mary Magdalene was weeping. She saw a man she thought was the gardener,
but it was Jesus.
- Jesus appeared to His beloved Apostles and they did not recognize Him at
- The Apostles did not understand all that Jesus had told them.
- We must pray to God to open up our minds and hearts so that we may
understand Him more, for He is a mystery!
- He gave to the Apostles the power to baptize and to forgive sins. It is
through Baptism that we are reborn into new life.
- In Baptism, we were made children of God and heirs of heaven.
- Let us see Jesus holding us close to His Heart.
The Ascension of Jesus into Heaven
- See Jesus as He extends His arms and goes up to heaven. See the Apostles
below. They are filled with fear and confusion to see their beloved Jesus leave.
- These are the Glorious Mysteries. Our hearts are filled with such immense
joy to picture Jesus rise from the dead and go up into the sky! Think of this!
- God is a mystery! We can meditate on this mystery of Jesus rising from
the dead and of His going up to heaven. He wants us to meditate on the mysteries of His
life and His Mother's life.
- He wants us to live His life, death, and resurrection in our lives this
- God the Father loved us so much that He created us in His own image and
likeness. It is in meditating on the mysteries of Jesus' and Mary's lives, that we can
model the way we live after Jesus and Mary.
- Jesus gives us a special calling at Baptism to go out and show others His
immense love and to tell others about our good God that we love so much.
- Jesus has not left. He remains with us, truly present, the same as the
day He walked the earth. He remains in the Eucharist in His divinity and His humanity.
- Jesus loves us. When we are baptized, the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit dwell inside of our hearts in a very, very special way.
- Jesus loves the little children. We must bring the children and sit in
front of the tabernacle. Tell the children Jesus loves them.
- Jesus is waiting for us to come to the tabernacle, be with Him, and tell
Him we love Him so much. He waits for us to come and to talk to Him. We must share all
those things that are in our hearts with Him.
The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the
Apostles and Mary
- The Holy Spirit descended on the Apostles. The Holy Spirit transforms us
so that we are not afraid. Pray to the Holy Spirit. We must ask Him to help us to have the
courage to talk about God in front of our friends.
- Jesus and Mary love us so much more than any earthly person could ever
- The Father created each one of us! He loves us so much!
- The Father gives us the special talents that we have this day. He loves
us so much and wants us to use our talents to do the work of God.
- The Holy Spirit is such a dear friend! We must pray to the Holy Spirit
everyday for He loves us so much.
- The Holy Spirit lifts our spirits. Satan is in this world and wants to
keep us depressed. We must pray to the Holy Spirit to lift our hearts high and to be
filled with God's love.
- Jesus wants the little children to come to Him. We must bring children to
church and pray with them. We must pray the rosary.
- Think about the stories of the lives of Jesus and Mary. Think about how
Jesus died on the cross for love of you.
- Song: "Come Holy Ghost, Creator blest, and in our hearts
take up Thy rest. Come with Thy grace and heavenly aid, to fill the hearts which Thou hast
made, to fill the hearts which Thou hast made."
- Holy Spirit, set our hearts on fire with the fire of God's love!
Mary Is Taken up into Heaven, Body and
- Mary is our beloved Mother. She loves us so much! Jesus gave to us His
very own Mother!
- She loves us far more than any earthly mother could ever love us.
- Her love is a personal love.
- The more we realize how close our Mother really is to us, the more we
will feel secure as she wraps her mantle about us and leads us ever closer to her beloved
- Mary will protect us from the world; she is forever with us.
- Song: "Immaculate Mary, your praises we sing. You reign now
in splendor with Jesus, our King. Ave, ave, ave, Maria. Ave, ave, Maria."
- Jesus, when He ascended into heaven, went to prepare a place for us. The
gates of heaven were opened!
- Now Mary, some twenty years after Jesus' death, was taken into heaven.
But Jesus and Mary are here with us this day! Jesus dwells within us and remains in the
tabernacle, truly present.
- We, too, will be taken up into heaven. These are the Glorious Mysteries.
If we love and serve the Lord, we will be given such glory in heaven.
- Let the lives of Jesus and Mary grow in your hearts. Meditate on these
mysteries and learn more about Their lives. Always pray to the Spirit to lead you into
Mary Is Crowned Queen of Heaven
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary will triumph! The Sacred Heart of Jesus will
reign! There will be an era of peace! "But in the end, my Immaculate Heart will
triumph...and a certain period of peace will be granted to the world." 25
- We will struggle. We must stay close to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
- Jesus and Mary show us Their love for us.
- We cannot imagine the deep and most tender love that Jesus has for us. We
must pray to the Spirit to open our hearts so we feel more and more the great love that
Jesus has for us.
- God wants us to be with Him forever and ever in the courts of heaven. We
must seek holiness. The devil goes about this earth prowling and aiming to trip men in
their paths. Jesus loves us with the deepest love. Focus on the love of Jesus.
- We must answer God's call to spread His love to the world. Mary called at
- We are commissioned through Baptism to go out into this world and spread
the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. We cannot hold back. We must let our hearts be
forever open. The love of God will flow from us and radiate from our very being.
- Mary loves us with the most maternal love. She wants us to go to her
- Dear God, help us to be more aware of the great gifts that You are giving
to us this very day. Help us to be sensitive to the grace of the Lord, our God.
- Song: "Hail Holy Queen, enthroned above, O Maria. Hail
Mother of Mercy and of Love, O Maria. Triumph all ye cherubim. Sing with us ye seraphim.
Heaven and earth resound the hymn: Salve, salve, salve, Regina!"
[ ^Table of Contents || < Previous Section
|| Next Section ||
Copyright © 1998 Shepherds of Christ
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form
without the written permission of the publisher. For information contact Shepherds of
First Printing: November, 1998